Sunday, August 31, 2008

Home Again

We flew back in Friday afternoon- which actually took longer then driving!

After we boarded the plane the pilot got on and said that there was bad weather in Dallas, so they were adding more fuel just in case we had to circle around some.

But then 15 minutes later he got back on and said Dallas was at an all ground stop! So then 30 minutes later he gets back on and says we will be leaving in about 15 minutes! The good news is that we were still hooked up to the air, so at least we were not sitting in a hot plane. And I was very, very thankful that the other boys were not with us!!

Once airborne, and at cruising altitude, the attendent said that because of the weather they were not going to be serving drinks. Bum deal, because I was quite thirsty at this point!

Then once we landed here in Dallas we taxied for 15 minutes! Not joking, I have never taxied that long.

But all this weather they were talking about?? Did it actually rain? because I have been on flights that were much more turbulent, and there didn't seem to be much water on the ground! Oh well...the joys of flying :)


The trip was fun, and far to short.

This picture was the view from our hotel room...how cool! The Alamo!
Ben got his first bath in a big bath tub while we were there, and I think his favorite thing was seeing himself in the drain's reflection! Oh, and the washcloth :)
Alex ended up ditching most of his classes. I think he went for a total of 3 hours in the two days! So we got to go to the Wax Museum and took cool pictures- but they are on the cell phones, and didn't turn out as cool as I thought they would, plus now I have to take them off- and I seem to have a problem (called: never doing it).

We also went to Ripley's Believe it or Not. I thought it was cool, and weird at the same time. We got to go to the mall because it looked like rain outside, which would make the River walk no fun. It was amazing because it took us so long to even get to the movie theater. So many people would stop and talk to... BEN! LOL I was carrying him in the ring sling, and everyone we saw, not joking, would come up to say Hi, ask how old he was, and then start doing the baby talk to him!! It was amazing! Everyone said he was such a happy boy, and really- we can't agree more!

He wasn't fussy at all on the trip, it was fantastic!!

Right before we left for the airport on Friday we took our boat ride. The tour guide was very comical, and the ride was great. I wish we could go back and do it again at night!

This is just for you Lis, SEE! It does exist!!!

Upstairs there is a huge American flag on the left and a Texas flag on the right above the doors, hanging down and tied up to the side. It was great to see :)

Ben had a good time on the boat too:

So it's nice to be home again, even though I have lots of laundry to catch up on ;)

We have a fun, and very busy week ahead of us...starting out tomorrow where we get to ride on our new boat!!!


HURRAY!!

2 HOLLERS!:

Lis said...

OMG ... I love these pictures!!! :)
And I love Ben with his tongue sticking out - ha ha ha!

Alison said...

I think DFW has the longest taxi to a gate. No joke. It's nice to get away by yourself. Way to go!