SOOO, last week Alex, Josh and Matt had bug bites.
Then we started noticing more bug bites.
Very disturbing.
So Tuesday I washed the boys sheets, cleaned and vacuumed their bedrooms, and all seemed better....
...until Saturday night.
I took off Matt's shirt to put him in his jammies, and noticed he had a lot more bug bites on his back then before. Then before bed I went to put on me, I had bug bites on my legs!!
I did not come home with any....which can only mean that somehow these chiggers/mites were now living in my house!!
FREAK OUT!!!!!
NO WAY
NOT HAPPENING!!
I don't like bugs, no, I HATE bugs!
And the thought of little bugs that crawl around, live on you, and you can't see them is way too much for me!
So this morning Alex, being the great guy he is, went to Sam's Club to buy foggers.
7 of them!
So while we were at church we bombed the house :)
Oh wait, the funny part is that half way to church ADT called to say that we had a fire alarm at the house, and that they had called the fire department to come out!
HA HA HA
So Alex tells her about the foggers, then turns around to head home to make sure they don't show up. When the kids protest this, he explains that he doesn't want the firefighters to kick down our door since it's locked! Matt spent the next 20 minutes telling us about how the firefighters were bad, and "bumble bee" was going to come and kick them for hurting our door! Despite our protest, and constant explanations that Firefighters were good- and them kicking in the door would be a good thing if there was a fire while we were sleeping- he still continued on. Finally we said, Tell Papa when we get to church!
And so he did! Papa got a kick out of the story :)
Alex and I are mostly done cleaning up after the foggers, it's just after midnight, and I still have all of Ben's toys to wash, and an amazing amount of laundry to do. I've never had so much pile up at once! At least I can say with absolute certainty-
There are no bugs in this house!!!!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Spaz!
News from Anne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 HOLLERS!:
Oh NO!
Ew! Hopefully no more bug bites!
This story scares me. McKinzie has bites all over her legs. No one else, just her. I keep telling her her room needs help. Maybe it needs more. I hope it's better now.
Didn't you know you weren't supposed to take chiggers home as a souvenir?? I mean, I can completely understand and want to remember that awesome vacation forever... but you should have picked something else to keep those happy memories alive!
J/K!
I KNOW you hate bugs and that sucks they migrated to your home... big mistake for them. They tried, I'll give them that, but no bug survives very long in Anne's house!!! Hopefully they have learned their lesson and you won't have to go through all that again!!
Don't itch them!! But hey - where's the pic to go with the story?? ;)
Post a Comment