Monday, August 25, 2008

And here comes school!

The boys woke up without any complaints about how early it was today...and they got dressed faster then I have ever seen them dress!
Alex took both boys to pick out donuts for a back-to-school special breakfast.
We even had Dan, Dad and Mom come for the fun.
Isn't this great??


Jeremiah was very excited to start going to "kool" with Joshua, and actually got impatient as we waited for the teachers to gather the kids from the gym to take them to class.

OH WAIT, a very sad story first....

We drove over to the school, followed by Dan, and by my parents. Of course the streets by the school were very congested, which made parking difficult.
Alex got a decent spot, but had to be careful opening the door into traffic. So he had it in his head that he would go around, and pull Benjamin (who sits behind the drivers seat) out from the opposite side of the car.
Unfortunately as I was getting the other two boys out of the car- Dan walked up, I shut the door, and Alex completely forgot about getting Ben. We get across the street, and I am very wrapped up in trying to take pictures, but my camera says it's full!
GRRR
After investigation I discovered that Alex had not deleted the Arkansas pictures off the camera when he put them on the computer. So I hurry and delete as many as possible as Jeremiah is getting very impatient to continue on to school.
When we get inside, it's a mad house of parents standing around right by the doors into the building and down a short hallway that go to the gym and cafetorium, since they will not let people down the halls to classrooms until the teachers come to get the kids.
It isn't until we had been standing around, with two very impatient kids for a while before my mom says, "Where's Ben?"

OMG! We totally left him in the car!!!

The great news is that he was fine, wasn't even crying! Thankfully it was a nice morning, and not hot in the car :)
That was the first time in 8 years that we had ever forgotten a child.

Moving on...
We video the boys walking down the hall to their classrooms, Jeremiah is happy and making faces- Joshua is completely embarrassed that we are making such a big deal.
Jeremiah gets to his classroom, and we take pictures of him near his cubby, and at his desk.
Then I over hear Joshua, who is still in the hall, say in a slightly irritated way, "Can I please go to my class now??" And then goes into his classroom and sits down- without even saying Goodbye!
We all tryed to get pictures of him, but he would turn away as if to say- do you really have to be doing that!?

I guess being in Third grade makes you a big kid, and way too good for all the hype that comes with a first time Kindergartner!

4 HOLLERS!:

TiffanyM said...

Your boys look so darling! I bet they had fun! I hope the teacher didn't assign too much homework the first day!

TiffanyM said...

I guess I'll leave two comments!

Josh is such a character! I can definately see him just totally walking away like that!

Your story made ryan laugh about leaving ben in the car! Poor Big Ben!

nikko said...

We had the same thing. We made a huge fuss over K, but M wanted to be left alone to go to his class all alone.

Glad you remembered Ben! LOL!

Lis said...

I love your story!!! I can't believe BOTH Josh and Jeremiah are now in school together!!! I remember going to school with you, how did we get so OLD? :)

So funny about Ben being left behind, he probably was sleeping so peacefully and taking advantage of the quiet :)

And I can TOTALLY understand Josh there! HA HA HA!! He's like, I've been going to school for years, this is nothing new!!! They are only going to be giving you homework to do! And the coolest part to him I'm sure is seeing his friends again! To Jeremiah its so exciting and awesome to be a big kid in school. Will they get to eat lunch and play on the play ground together??