Saturday, August 2, 2008

Getting ready

There is so much to do before we leave on Wednesday..... and today started out with good intentions, but in the end- here I sit on my computer :)

After work this morning I made an eye appointment because these contacts are so old and I'm having a really hard time seeing! At first I really liked my new vision, but as I'm sitting here I am second guessing the way I feel about them!

While I went in at Sam's Club, Alex took the car over to get the tires rotated. He wasn't sure how long the eye exam would be, and had no idea the tire people would be so slow!

So 2 hours latter we were still sitting around at Sam's Club waiting for our car to be done- and really not feeling the need to do a whole lot of shopping since we will be leaving soon. Translation: we stood there and watch a movie we hadn't seen on one of the big TV's!

Then Alex suggested we stop by a dealership he had called to pickup a new mirror for my van. I was very excited, since he broke my mirror almost two years ago, and the one he has in there right now vibrates much, much more then I would like!

Unfortunately, we got there 35 minutes after the outside warehouse closed. GRRR

On the way home we drove past a movie theater, and very spontaneously decided to watch Space Chimps. I had never heard of it, but it was a really funny show! The boys were so good during the movie- it does make me really nervous to take all 4 kids to the movies- you never know what will happen! But I didn't even have to miss part of the movie for a bathroom brake, it was great! They all shared their popcorn and drink with no fights at all!! Craziness :)

With all that said, we had a really nice Saturday...so I really can't complain that not much got done.

Oh wait! We DID buy one thing at Sam's (oh, and the diapers!!) Ben needed a life vest for the lake next week.
It's just so darn cute on him ;)

2 HOLLERS!:

nikko said...

I hope you have so much fun!

Lis said...

Yay!!! SO excited for this trip!! :) Sounds like you guys had a fun Saturday, and in the end, those good moments are the ones you want to remember the most ... little treasures! :D Cute vest!