Sunday, August 17, 2008

and we're back!

Actually, we got in at 3am Friday- right when it was raining cats and dogs! We had put our suitcases up on the roof (thankfully they were all in a waterproof bag) but that meant that we could not drive into our garage. Bummer these small garages!


The trip was so much fun, it was so great to relax and sleep in.
Baby Ben did great, I fed him once at a gas station on the way up there, then on the way back he slept the whole time! Fantastic!! It was really nice to just drive the 7 hours straight through without all the pit stops. :)


We went to the Lake everyday we were there, and did a little hiking around. Unfortunately my sister, Joshua and Matthew ended up with quite a few bug bites :( I'm having some really weird issues too. On the drive home I thought perhaps I had just strained my right writs falling off the jet ski...but the pain and swelling keeps spreading and getting worse. Its pretty much every joint, my fingers, writs, elbows, neck, knees, ankles and toes. I swear I have 10-month-pregnant-lady feet! Alex was saying that my ankles look worse then when I was pregnant! I have taken Alive, Advil, benadryl, Motrin, and an antibiotic...and nothing is changing it! Hopefully I can make it till Monday when the doctor is back in. It more just irritating...I'm fine when I'm not moving!
Strange though, huh?!

4 HOLLERS!:

Lis said...

I'm so glad your trip home at least was peaceful, even if it was slow because of the rain!! Too funny you couldn't get in the garage!

And ya those chigger bites were something. I was glad I didn't have some strange rash, and glad they didn't itch that much. A couple did, but now they are finally healing up so thats better. Poor Josh and Matt!!

It was SO MUCH FUN, and as always, vacations end too soon! :)

Thanks for having us along!!!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

did you get a tick? that sounds serious like Lyme disease do you have a circle rash?

Anne said...

Alex suggested Lyme disease at first too. Thankfully I have no bites whatsoever on me (or rash)- very strange I thought, considering how many bites the kids have. And the only side affect of whatever it is, is swelling and pain in the joints- no fever at all. It has since moved on to my shoulders and my neck :(
But it has left my fingers and wrists, toes and ankels.
Thanks for your concern- it's a bit scarry going through this!!

Lis said...

OMG - I'm glad you are feeling better! Sometimes the scary part is not even knowing what strange illness plagues you! I know I felt relief when I found out all I had was chigger bites! But joints hurting is MUCH worse - and MUCH SUCKAGE!

FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!