Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Fun!!

Our boat is here!!

We had so much fun out on the Lake, and we didn't even get sunburned :)

Alex was like a kid on Christmas morning! He got up at 730, which is UNHEARD of any other day off. He even found time to help pick up the house, make breakfast, blow the cut grass from me mowing on Saturday, watch TV and go to the store! LOL

He was driving me nuts, but it is nice that he was so excited about going on the boat.

We started out with Mom in the tube, actually, Jeremiah went too. But as soon as they hit a little bumpy patch Jeremiah was crying and saying that it was not fun! Poor kid. Matt and Josh never even tried it :( But Mom had a blast!

Then Dad got on, and showed us all up. He was great in the tube :)

Then I got in, and when it was Alex's turn all we ever got to do was start to take off before the rope snapped! It was an older rope that had a knot in it from a long time ago. So we were done with the tube :(

So Alex gets out the skis and really shows us up! Was even Skiing with just one :)

Dad tried next, and WOW, He really tried! I don't think I've ever seen someone give it so much :) And dang it if I didn't forget my camera on shore!!!

But the boys were getting restless so we headed back for a BBQ and some swimming.


When we got back in the boat, Mom tried to ski.

She did great for a first timer, even stood up on her second try!! But I was cheering her on before I remember I should be taking a picture! GRRR, so I grab the camera, just in time to catch her doing a face plant! She tried one more time, and pulled her leg really badly.

I went next, and actually skied for a while! My arms got tired before I got tossed, which was a first. Alex said I was going all of 17mph....oh boy! LOL Maybe I can go faster next time.
It was getting dark, the boys were tired, and Mom was in a lot of pain- so we headed in.

All in all, it was a fantastic day.

Can't wait to do it again this weekend :)

4 HOLLERS!:

Lis said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun with the new boat!!!!

I am so impressed with all the attempts and successes!!! WOW!! That is NOT easy is all I have to say!! And OW the next day ;)

I'll be looking for the update next week!!!

Have FUN with your new toy!!

nikko said...

How exciting that you guys have a boat! We know what you'll be doing every weekend now. :o)

Lana said...

that picture on Ben in the life jacket is too cute for words!

Mom said...

the boat is a blast- it's great that you guys found it. Too bad it got dark so quickly huh? The boys look tuckered out there at the end of the day.