I've been really busy- and never seem to have time to post or read blogs anymore, and I'm feeling sad about it. It's been my way to journal whats going on with us, and apparently I'm not so hot at it right now :(
This last week has been a lot of work, and then more work. I seriously feel like I live at the Y these days. It's also been taking a toll on my gas tank- all the more reason to hurry and put in my transfer to the Y closer to my house! Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I get there around 8, workout for an hour, then work my shift until 1:30. By the time I get home we get in a quick lunch and it's time to pick up the boys from school. Tuesday and Thursday I work from 4-7, and then run with the group right after work, then come back to exercise another hour. Friday afternoon I have a supervisor meeting then I work that night and Saturday morning! See? Too much Y! LOL
Thursdays I help in both boys classrooms. Mom has been great about watching the boys. She takes Matt to school and watches Ben so I can go- it's really nice! This week I actually got a brake from teaching Matt's school, the last 3 weeks on Tuesday's it's been at my house. But this week and next aren't! yeah!!!
Friday night we did a Parent's Night Out at the Y...and it's my job to put it all together, and work :) We did a Pirate's theme, and the kids loved it! I was stressed all that day putting everything together last minute, but it worked out wonderfully. And even though me and the kids didn't get home until after 10 that night, I wasn't as tired as I usually am after these things. Alex did great on his softball game that night. It was a pretty late game, and he complained about a few mistakes he had made- but they won!
Saturday was the craziest! I got up just early enough to take three boys to get their hair cut (since school pictures are on Tuesday) then booked it down to Trinity Park to run. I did so much better! 2 miles in 26 minutes! I only took one walk brake too :) My knee didn't hurt as badly as it did on Thursday- but I still need to find a knee brace...amazing how hard city streets are compared to a nice trail! So I left there just after noon to make it to the church for the boy's talent show. Then we left from there to Eagle Mountain lake for a quick run with the boat! I took my friend Angela out with us- she teases Alex all the time, so when he got the chance to pull just the two of us on the tow able he took full advantage of it! I ended up almost flipping out- and today my neck is a little sore from tensing up so much over wakes- but it was so, so, so much fun!!! I'm doing much better at the water skiing too, I'm even brave enough to turn into the wakes now and go from one side to the other :)
About 6 Angela and I booked it home to take showers and meet the rest of the girls from work at Olive Garden- dude, I love that place! Then we wanted to go to Lazar Quest, but a few of the girls chickened out on us- so we ended up at Putt-Putt till midnight. It was fun to just kick back like that. Although I hurt because Ben stayed home and 6 hours is a long time when I'm used to feeding him every two hours!
Then today after church we had some friends come over for a game of Killer Bunnies. Alex and I still lost! (GRRRR) but the other couple is getting so much better at playing the game, hopefully we can add another deck soon :)
My other problem is that I have been staying up to anywhere between 1am and 4am reading! Silly me! But these Twilight books are addicting- and I am half way through the last one! Unfortunately book club is at my house in a week on a book I haven't even started yet!! lol, then why can't I put this one down??
So Tomorrow, it's back to work- and then the Missionaries are coming for dinner (Alex has to miss out because he has a board meeting) Oh- I'm squeezing in my Visiting Teaching too! HAHA, nothing like last minute :)
Sunday, September 28, 2008
week at a glance
News from Anne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 HOLLERS!:
wow, you make me tired just reading about all your are doing!
whoa you are busy! I think you took my place at the Y!! How many hours do you get a week? You are trying to transfer to another Y? Where would that be? Pirate theme...that sounds like a blast! Man, I can't believed I missed that one. :( Sad day! I am jealous-I missed the boating fun. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself which is great...you deserve to have fun! I love you and miss you! Have a great week!
Take a breather. I think I need a nap.
Oh my. That is a crazy life! I've been at the Y at 8 frequently...but I never see you! I went Tuesday...I guess that is not an early workout day! Maybe we'll finally see each other sometime!
you always thrived on being busy... do you ever feel stressed from it? LOL I enjoy the chance to play with the boys on Thursdays so I am glad I get to. Thanks for letting me!!!
Post a Comment