Wednesday, September 3, 2008

S'More Fun??

Another pack meeting day...

...and like most, very stressful.

Sometimes I wonder how well Alex and I work together in a calling, and lately- it's not very well at all.
See, I start stressing about what needs to get done and making a final plan about a week before. Alex says, no need to stress, and puts it off till the night before.
And in this case, he ended up taking the day off work just to get some stuff done!
And there was a lot I thought we could have improved on.

But nothing compares to the tension felt by us all on the drive to church that night. What I wouldn't give, not to have these experiences.
And I couldn't help but wonder how ironic our theme was. S'more Summer Fun anyone??



We started out by having each family make a creation using sandwich ingredients.
Some of them turned out really cute, and some looked horribly disgusting!!
Looked like everyone was having fun, and
Josh was really proud of his.... (although I'm not sure I know what it is :) )


Then we sat around the "camp fire" and told stories and "hunted for bears"! Oh my!!




And it all ended with us cooking S'mores in the microwave! Awesome idea Tiffany R!

6 HOLLERS!:

TiffanyM said...

I do smores in the microwave all the time...but i didn't suggest that. :)

Anne said...

LOL!
My other friend Tiffany :)
wow, thats confussing...guess I need to give her a nickname.......

nikko said...

That *would* be interesting to serve in a calling with my DH.

I think your pack meeting looked super fun! Our Pinewood Derby is this week. Wahoo!

Anonymous said...

Boy oh boy cooking s'mores with you is like the best thing EVER! I wish I could have hunted for bears. I haven't done that in about 3 weeks! Sad day! I miss you!
-Tiffany :)

Mom said...

hey, I keep hearing comments from parents about what a GREAT job you and Alex are doing and how much fun they think pack meeting is. I'm sorry it's stressful, but it won't always be- someday you will think it's pretty easy. Josh looks like he's having lots of fun. Kudos!

Lis said...

That's so awesome!!!

You guys do such cool and fun things! :)