One of the girls I taught in Young Womens years ago decided to get married in Las Vegas, and it happened to fall right around Alex and I's anniversary. Thankfully I convinced Alex it was a good excuse for a trip!
We had so much fun out there, lots of sight seeing and things to do. One morning while we were eating breakfast Alex suggested that we go out to see The Grand Canyon! It really wasn't a bad drive, my only regret is that we spent quite a bit of time at Hover Dam first, and by the time we got to the Grand Canyon there wasn't much light left :(
We didn't get out of the car much, but did take a few pictures, it was just so heavily congested with pedestrians that we had to go slow. I love the towers, and we had to take lots of pictures of them, since they were in the movie Transformers :D
We had so much fun out there, lots of sight seeing and things to do. One morning while we were eating breakfast Alex suggested that we go out to see The Grand Canyon! It really wasn't a bad drive, my only regret is that we spent quite a bit of time at Hover Dam first, and by the time we got to the Grand Canyon there wasn't much light left :(
We didn't get out of the car much, but did take a few pictures, it was just so heavily congested with pedestrians that we had to go slow. I love the towers, and we had to take lots of pictures of them, since they were in the movie Transformers :D
We drove out to the Sky Bridge, a glass platform that you can walk out on, over hanging the cliffs. I LOVED IT! We were the only two people on the bridge, since it was so close to closing time, and it was great to look at all the views unobstructed.
Alex clung to the rail the whole time, and does not share my enthusiasm for the bridge, but I loved every minute of it! These Canyons are amazing, and awesomely beautiful! I would love to take another trip, down the river this time, to truly appreciate the height of these Canyons. They say you can hike down and camp by the river, but it's a whole day's trip, and the waiting list is years long. Maybe one day....
Alex clung to the rail the whole time, and does not share my enthusiasm for the bridge, but I loved every minute of it! These Canyons are amazing, and awesomely beautiful! I would love to take another trip, down the river this time, to truly appreciate the height of these Canyons. They say you can hike down and camp by the river, but it's a whole day's trip, and the waiting list is years long. Maybe one day....


1 HOLLERS!:
Your pictures look amazing! Especially the night shot of the dam.
Post a Comment