Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy 50th Mom

Today we threw a surprise party for mom's birthday. Thanks lis for the great idea :)
After they left for church Alex, the boys and I all went over there to "clean" the house- although there really wasn't much to do :)
We put out a few decorations, but Mom really isn't into the whole "Over the Hill" theme. It was a real drag too, because while I was shopping for decorations I saw SO many funny and cute things to do! It was incredibly hard not to buy them! Guess some people can't handle the joke :(
By the time I got to church Mom was headed home because her ear hurt and she was tired.
There went my surprise!
Fortunately Dad did not tell her that other people were coming over- so she just assumed it was me and the boys, and went to take a nap.
Dad did some awesome grilling, everyone raved about the Salmon!
Here is a quick group picture of the "inside" crowd-
and the outside bunch-and last, but definitely best- the cake! Unfortunately I can't claim I made it :( The reason it ended up on two cakes is that Sam's Club isn't doing their Carrot Cakes anymore! Sad day :( They are finishing the last of these round ones and that's it! So Dad had the great idea to split all the words like this:Tomorrow we are all going to The Melting Pot!!
Happy Birthday- The Big 5-0!!

2 HOLLERS!:

Lis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

You did awesome on the party!!!
It was SO COOL to watch it all via live web feed - thanks Dad!! I felt like I was spying on the party, but at least I got to feel part of it in a little way.

THANKS ANNE for hosting this event!! :D

Mom said...

Thanks to my darling daughters for coming up with the plan for a surprise party... :-) It's nice to be loved and thought of. The party was a total surprise even though I saw the decorations when I made a bee-line from the front door to my bed. The nap helped me enjoy all the fun of the party. You did an aweseom job with decorations, getting friends over and food. Dad is great at the grill isn't he? The salmon was wonderful as was everything else.
Sorry you were disappointed in not being able to use the decorations you prefer- hopefully someone will use them for you- maybe when you turn 30??? LOL
Thanks again for everything- it was wonderful. Love you lots!