Monday, July 28, 2008

Baby Pictures

After the first night of good sleep in a week, I actually have time to blog again!! And there is sooo much to blog about :)
I only have a few minutes right now (then it's off to work) so let's start with pictures of baby Gabriel!
Then Mia woke up, and told everyone to be quite because the baby was sleeping :) How cute! I tried to take the picture without the flash, because the baby didn't like it so much...so it's a bit blurry.

She really loves her brother!


Oh, and I just have to add this quick story.
I have never been around a birth before, other then the ones I have done ;) So I wasn't really sure what to expect. My job was to take care of the kids if they woke up, so during Adrienne's labor I was on the couch trying to read. It wasn't working out so well for me, I only did 4 pages in 45 minutes!! Guess I was distracted, it brought back all the memories of having Ben not that long ago. Not that it was bad, but just cool to remember doing this same thing.
Anyway, as I was sitting there I could tell that things were getting harder for her- as they do. Then all the sudden I felt a WHOOSH of spirit. I'm not sure how to describe it other then the chills and floating feeling that comes with a "spiritual high" for me. It was like I couldn't hear sounds of this world, but my ears were ringing. There were so many angels there, so many people to help Gabriel into this world, so many people that cared.
It was amazing!
Not two minutes latter I heard the midwife say "keep pushing, that's the shoulders!"

4 HOLLERS!:

Lis said...

AWWWWW!!!! How amazing!!! I bet you could really feel the presence! That's awesome and I'm so glad you blogged about it!!

Lana said...

cool! welcome little Gabriel. I hope things will go well for his little family now.

Alison said...

Anne thanks for sharing your experience. I've never had a desire to experience anothers delivery. It sounds like a great testimoney builder. Maybe I'll tag along with one of my girls one day, not too soon :)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I got chills thank you for sharing that w/ us