Planning Joshua's room wasn't easy. I started by googleing Murals, and found some really fantastic paintings! I found airplanes and a solar system that I really liked, and had Josh pick. Good thing, because I think airplanes would have been much more difficult!
A good friend of mine, Tassia, said she was an art major and would show me how to paint in trade for a few massages :) YAY!!
For a while it was all we talked about, while I repainted the base color for the whole thing- starting with baseboards and KILLZ! Then she came over and showed me how to paint the clouds. I like this picture because it shows the difference in our styles... I was worried about the contrast because in my opinion, I look like an amature :) She reassured me that no one would notice, and that it gave variety to the room. Her clouds are on the right and mine are on half of the back wall and the rest of the room.
Most of my painting was done at night, but every once in a while I would paint on the weekend, and Matthew was DYING to help me. I finally let him paint some stars, he did a great job!

I loved the black circles we had for the planets, makes me wish I had put black holes in the rest of it too :) And look- it's the big and little dippers!!!
As you can tell, it was slow steady work. I have no idea how many hours it really took, but I remember one Sunday putting 6 hours in straight, and boy did my neck hurt the next day!! Here's another shot of the Big and Little Dippers- can you tell I was proud of them?
The room pre-sun... and pre-stars on the ceiling.
I am so very thankful for Tassia, there is no way I could have done this without her. I'm also glad that she was very patient with me, and would come over to look at my work when I was overly paranoid about it.
I still walk in there and critic my work, and think about the things I could add (like glow in the dark paint) or the black holes :) But I also love to lay in there and just look at all the stars and beauty of it all.
Thank you again Tassia! I can never say it enough.

1 HOLLERS!:
Thats just too freaking amazing.. It's like one of those things you see in random pictures on the internet, but never from someone you know, much less are related to. Way to go Anne :)
Post a Comment