Friday, December 17, 2010

Halloween

I feel like such a bum mom this year!
I didn't make or buy anything for Halloween, it was totally a hand-me-down year :(
Thankfully Josh loves this cape, and we had the mask laying around- so we called him a Vampire. Jeremiah wore last years Pirate, Matthew also found a cape that was in the dress up box, and I painted his face to be another Vampire, and Ben wore a Batman costume that I'm pretty sure Jeremiah wore at the same age!!
I never thought I would let my boys be something truly "scary" even for Halloween. I guess this is the only year I will have Vampires running around!
Needless to say, as an inexperienced face painter, I should have painted Matt's eyebrows to look less like a clown's!
We made a stop by Dan's house to trick or treat with them, and the boys all walked away with a sack dinner.
Man, I really like trick or treating there, the boys didn't walk away on a sugar high!

Thankfully I had the opportunity to redo Matthew's face... and this looks much better! Oh, and I painted an eye patch on Jeremiah since he said the plastic one was hurting his head.

Benjamin fell asleep on the way home from Dan's house. Despite our best efforts to wake him before leaving to trick or treat, and all the door bell ding-dongs, the child slept through almost all of the evenings activities. By the time he did wake up, there were only a handful of houses left with lights on, and a lot of walking in between these houses. The good news for the child wanting the candy- everyone was dumping their leftovers on us. Bad news for mommy, who ended up eating most of it :S

Actually, that's not true- I ended up throwing most of it away...

except the chocolate,... which I did eat.

Posted by Picasa

2 HOLLERS!:

TiffanyM said...

yummy! candy! those are some scary boys! :D i'm all about sleeping through out the night! way to go ben!

Mom said...

you did a great job with the face makeup Anne :-) Looks like they had alot of fun. Miss trick-or-treating with you guys!