Ben's car seat really wasn't that old, I think we bought it for Matthew about 3 years ago, but the fabric was so worn out from washing it. The padding was coming out the back, and the elastics that held it around the plastic weren't elastic anymore! Alex and I debated different car seats for about a month. We really didn't want to spend a ton of money on a seat that would only last another year or so before he was too tall. But all the inexpensive stuff felt, well... cheap. I couldn't justify letting Ben sit on so little padding- how uncomfortable, no wonder some little children scream when you buckle them in!
In the end, we went with this monstrosity of a car seat. It's super heavy, extremely safe, and it converts to a high back booster, but the best part- the cup holder :) Silly I know, but the cup holders that slide out from the bottom really don't work that well. And since Benjamin loves to drink, this works out perfectly.
In the end, we went with this monstrosity of a car seat. It's super heavy, extremely safe, and it converts to a high back booster, but the best part- the cup holder :) Silly I know, but the cup holders that slide out from the bottom really don't work that well. And since Benjamin loves to drink, this works out perfectly.
I really need to put a video of Ben on here too. Right now it's on Alex's new IPhone4 (wait, did you hear the jealousy there or should I try again??) and I'm not sure how to get it on the blog.
After purchasing the phone I tested the picture quality out by recording Ben in the car, we were on the way home to have lunch with Matthew and I asked him which way to go. He said "left" which was correct, and then pointed left. I had no idea that my 2 yr old even knew his right and left. It's a cute video :)
After purchasing the phone I tested the picture quality out by recording Ben in the car, we were on the way home to have lunch with Matthew and I asked him which way to go. He said "left" which was correct, and then pointed left. I had no idea that my 2 yr old even knew his right and left. It's a cute video :)



0 HOLLERS!:
Post a Comment