This fall we put Josh and Matthew into Y Soccer. Last time Matt played he sat around and picked flowers- so as you can imagine, we were a little apprehensive about the decision. Despite resistance to attend practices (which I guess would be a normal response, even if he LOVED to play, to being asked to leave whatever it was that he was currently enjoying to go to practice) once he was on the field he truly was a go-getter that chased the ball no matter what position he was supposedly assigned to.
I didn't take very many pictures, and often forgot my camera when we went to the games. I was really disappointed when they handed out trophies after the last game and all I had was my cell phone :(
Matt was just as proud as could be though :)
You could not miss Joshua's team on the field, and it made his skin look even more beautifully tan! Matthew enjoyed sitting with Josh on the sidelines, and that tall man that you can only see legs for- yes, that's coach! He was an amazing man, he had 19 kids on his team, and held two practices a week to make sure everyone had the chance to play. Since the season has ended he also offered to run a Saturday clinic for 2 hours to help everyone fine tune their skills for next season.
I think Joshua's heart really was in Football though, since this is what he did after his games while we watched Matt play...



1 HOLLERS!:
i can't wait to put sam into something that makes him run around! That kids got too much energy! :) Way to go powell boys for loving sports!
Post a Comment