On a Sunday, way back in February, I was teaching my Sunday School class about Noah and the flood. My kids were all 9 years old at the time, and knew the basic story about Noah building the arc and loading animals two-by-two. What we found out in our lesson was that it has been prophesied that a year before our Savior comes again there will be no rainbows. I asked the class when the last time they saw a rainbow was. Of course this wasn't fair because we hadn't had rain in an insanely long time. But it got them wondering, and watching, for weeks they would give me a rainbow update, no one saw anything. Then in April, when Texas gets some pretty wild weather we finally saw our rainbow... and it was very spectacular.
I happened to be at work when the storm came through, if I remember right we had some hail too. After it passed we saw not one, but two rainbows, and they made a complete arc! This picture was from my coworkers cell phone- and doesn't nearly do it justice. It was truly a beautiful rainbow. My class commented on it the following Sunday, how amazing it is to me that these little spirits can be so in tune. They recognized that no matter how bad the storm is, it won't be that bad. And that if they stop seeing rainbows....
Well, I'm very grateful to still see them :)



1 HOLLERS!:
:O I even see the potted golden duck at the end of the rainbow!
Post a Comment