Monday, January 11, 2010

Museum

Monday after Christmas we went to the Museum again. Alex wanted to catch the CSI exhibit before we went out of town. Unfortunately we had to wait for Sam's Club to open to get the tires on my car, so by the time we made it to the Museum it was extremely crowded and very hot inside.
This Emergency vehicle is the boy's favorite thing to play on in the Children's section, also very popular. I had to pull Benjamin kicking and screaming from it a few times so that other kids would have a turn!
Thankfully the Trains distracted him for a while.

While Alex was in the CSI exhibit a friend and I took our kids outside to the Dino Dig. I believe the boys would have stayed there the whole afternoon, but I had to take them back inside because it was so cold outside! Just can't win :)
We spent most of the rest of the time at an Energy exhibit, where Benjamin without my noticing, climbed through the rails and started up the stairs of a model Gas Drill. Fantastic Ben. I have to say, it was a small thrill to climb over the rails myself to go get him. One of those things you are always told not to do, so feels weird doing it- even if you are rescuing your child!
Then we went back to the Children's section, and by then most people had cleared out seeing as closing time was about 15 minutes away. It was great to let them have the run of the place instead of freaking out every minute because there are so many people around you can't see your child!
Posted by Picasa

0 HOLLERS!: