Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January toes, Potty training, and Crazy Anne

Despite the fact that it's below 60 degrees most of the time these last few months, I have continued to get my toes done every few weeks. Crazy I know, but I love my friends polish!! Most of my pictures have ended up on Facebook, simply because it's easier to post things there than here. Hopefully I will post my Hearts, Pumpkins, Turkeys, and Christmas Tree soon. But for now- here are my snowflakes :)
Yes, terrible picture. Tomorrow I will take one with my camera instead of my cell phone, and I bet it will turn out better! She is fantastic though, even on my short stubby nails :)
In other news, Benjamin has started to ask to go potty now!
*This is also mostly posted on my Facebook, but typing about my nails on facebook reminded me that I needed to write about his potty training too*
He mostly does it at work, which is great because the bathroom is right inside the child watch room. He goes potty about every other time, if not more. The Monday after Christmas he went 3 out of 4 times I took him! I'm not sure how long this phase will last, but if he is willing, so am I. The great news is that he is doing it all on his own!
Benjamin is also starting to sleep through the night! He has had his own room most of his life, and would usually wake up about 2 am, soaked, and want to sleep in our bed. Being the completely lazy mom that I am, I would change him and put him to bed with us for the next 4 hours. Well- we had a "snow day" from school on Jan 7th, which I will blog about later, and since I was stuck home unexpectedly with all 4 boys, we decided to get crazy and rearrange the house! We started by moving Joshua into Ben's room. He had made the plan with graph paper and little cut outs for one of his Bear Achievements, and we had talked about actually doing it, when we found the time. And time had come!
To make a long story short, since that night Benjamin has stayed in his room, in his bed, until about 8 am!! We are so excited. I really didn't realize that even that short amount of time I was awake every night at 2 am, really makes a difference. We've also moved him to Overnight diapers like Matt. I wonder if I will have two bed wetters....... ugh.
And the last Crazy thing I have to post about is that I am insane for staying up till 3am posting 15 times in one night!! First of all, no one has all that time to read all my posts- and second, I have to work in the morning!!
The answer is simple, I took Midal at 10pm... without thinking.
Crazy Anne!!
Posted by Picasa

4 HOLLERS!:

Jay said...

Love the painted toes!! Isn't sleep (or actually getting sleep) amazing!

I have a good life said...

You are crazy. Hope you weren't too exhausted! :) I love to connect with you in these posts. I don't ever get the chance in person.....but we need to make it happen. I miss you!

Alison said...

Thanks for all the posts. Loved them!!

You're not crazy...just a mom. Many things get done when kids are in bed.

Lis said...

I love your toes... always so cute!!