WHAT A BUSY DAY!!
The first and best thing that happened today was Joshua Baptism!!

He has been looking forward to this for so long, and was so excited. I'm so happy that he has taken such an important step, and very thankful to all our friends and family that made it a priority to be here with us to support him.
The baptism started 20 minutes late because there were so many children! Eleven in all! Guess that's the biggest group they have had this year :) Figures doesn't it? All I wanted was for Josh to have a personalized baptism, in the end I felt more like it was a dunking line. There were so many things I would have changed, especially to have it more focused on the basic principals of why we baptise at 8 unlike other churches since I had invited so many non-members. But this is how our lot fell, and as long as Joshua is happy then I should be too.
We rushed from the baptism to Joshua's football game- but I didn't see much of it. I heard from my mom that Josh got some one's flag...which has him stoked! He did however miss his team pictures because he was at the baptism, we're kinda bumbed about that.
Then we split home to change into our paintball stuff and get all the gear together to join some friends. We all had a really good time, a few bruises, and my leg got pretty scratched up from fight with a thorn bush. But all in all, much fun!
And in some really awesome news... Ben finally has teeth!! Two of them have finally cracked the surface today, one on top and one on bottom (both on his left) and it looks like the matching pairs will be coming soon! I'm so excited to finally put him on some real food! Hopefully a little cereal before bed will help him to start sleeping longer at night :)
Then all the girls made a short trip to Grapevine Mills Mall! Not a super shopping trip, but Tania and I found some cute shirts :)
The first and best thing that happened today was Joshua Baptism!!

He has been looking forward to this for so long, and was so excited. I'm so happy that he has taken such an important step, and very thankful to all our friends and family that made it a priority to be here with us to support him.
We rushed from the baptism to Joshua's football game- but I didn't see much of it. I heard from my mom that Josh got some one's flag...which has him stoked! He did however miss his team pictures because he was at the baptism, we're kinda bumbed about that.And in some really awesome news... Ben finally has teeth!! Two of them have finally cracked the surface today, one on top and one on bottom (both on his left) and it looks like the matching pairs will be coming soon! I'm so excited to finally put him on some real food! Hopefully a little cereal before bed will help him to start sleeping longer at night :)
Then all the girls made a short trip to Grapevine Mills Mall! Not a super shopping trip, but Tania and I found some cute shirts :)

2 HOLLERS!:
That was a busy day! And we actually had to get up early that day (and you know us, we never go to bed early!)
Ya, I hear you on the baptism not being very personal - or even very spiritual.... although the kids did enjoy getting to watch so many kids get dunked ;) Longest time spent at a baptism EVER! But still, like you said Josh is happy, and it will be something you will always remember and is a special special moment :)
Too bad about missing the team pictures! Timing - figures right! LOL... hmmmm, baptism or pictures! That's just not fair to have to choose! Still though, awesome he got a flag for everyone to see (even if only in the pictures!).
I still think you guys are mildly nuts for liking to get all hurt and stuff! Ok I know, you love the paint-balling.... so glad you got to go and have fun, and didn't get to hurt :)
Hey- we are a wacky family. How many people do you know who show up at a football game in Sunday dress clothes? Or without socks and shoes even thought it's a bit chilly and the ground has stickers.
He was so proud of his flag capture- glad we caught it on camera. Too bad about missing the team pics. But it was a great day- you need to post the paint ball pictures!
Post a Comment