Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Joshua!


My little boy turned 8 today!

Wow time goes fast, and makes me feel so old :)
Joshua has been a wonderful kid, my soul saving angel, I know I would not be where I am today with out him. God sent him to me because I needed him, now my only hope is that I can be the mother he needs too.

I think Joshua's favorite part of today was not doing his responsibilities :) I was going to bring cupcakes to school today, but his teacher asked me to wait until Friday. My mom, brother, Matt and I had lunch with him at school. He got to pick what he wanted to eat, and of all things- McDonald's! Then I went home and attempted to make his birthday cake. Now keep in mind I have always purchased cakes, because it's easier and far prettier looking! My first attempt was a total failure, I used a super moist cake which pretty much fell apart as I tried to make the ship. :( Then I baked another one and had to cool it in the fridge to save time. So between the ever present interruptions of a baby that's never full, a family that wanted dinner, and an incredible thunderstorm that included a good bit of hail and a tornado touch down, my cake project took over 2.5 hours to make and quite a few helpers! All in all- it looks like a pirate ship to me :)

5 HOLLERS!:

I have a good life said...

Happy Birthday, Josh! He is an amaxing kid! :) I also can't believe that he is really 8!

BTW: I am Ms. Paranoid and married to Mr. Anal. So...could you please change the name of my blog on your sidebar thing so that it doesn't include my name? Sorry for the hassle. :(

I have a good life said...

Sorry. I am tired. I really meant amaZing not amaXing! :)

Lana said...

wow your cake looks amazingly awesome!

Danielle Smith said...

Well done on the cake!! I can't believ ehe is 8!! Aaaaahhh!! Time is flying by way too fast! I still see him as a two year old who only pees in the toilet for Mommy, haha.

I have a good life said...

Anne. I can't believe that I haven't seen Benjamin yet!....I really can't wait to see him. Can I come over sometime this week?