Tuesday, April 8, 2008

1 month, a grounding, mud, and a brother

Today little Benjamin (well, I should say BIG BEN) is a month old. I am very happy to report that we made it!! There were definitely times when I wondered how we would survive the newborn stage with lots of feedings and little sleep- but I think Ben and I finally have our rhythm. I sure hope I'm not jinxing things by actually saying this though!
He's really been great, and the last few days I feel like I'm accomplishing things again rather then just sitting around. Part of me is dieing to get back to the gym, I can't wait to get the rest of this fat off, and get back to work and have spending money again! But then part of me refuses to put such a little baby into such a germ filled place! Plus I know that my older kids are in much need of attention and direction.
In fact Joshua had fallen into "telling stories" (lying), and conveniently "forgetting". First it was his homework, he's been getting horrible grades for him- like he just isn't paying attention at school anymore. One paper he actually had to bring home to correct, but then he couldn't remember the story he read, so Alex asked him to bring home the book the next day. This went on for a week, and we tried everything we could think of to get him to remember his book. Then Alex remembered that his mother had the book, so we called her up so she could read the story to Josh and he could answer his questions. All the sudden we can't find the paper anywhere! Alex and I have torn the house apart looking for it, and it's just gone! Guess Josh is just going to have a bad grade! (which really upsets him!) Then his friend down the street got sick, so we asked that he not play at his friends house, but he was allowed to play with this friends younger brother as long as they played in our backyard. Not more then 5 minutes after we talked with Joshua about this for the 3rd time in 2 hours, he goes running down the street to ask this friend to play, and then stays at his house! Alex and I waited 10 minutes for him to come back before I went and got him. What does Josh say? "I forgot!" and cried the whole way home!! So the three of us sat down and wrote a list of "consequences" and then let Joshua pick two of them. For the week he can't play with his friends, and he does one of my responsibilities each day. What do you do???


Then over conference on Saturday my younger boys had a little unsupervised fun! All of us were watching conference, and all the boys had little activities to do. The only one that stayed interested was Joshua. Just about an hour and a half latter Jeremiah and Matthew were done, so they went outside. Little did Alex and I know, but they had made a nice pile of mud :) Such fun! There goes the grass we were trying to grow on that side of the house...guess it's sod time!
Then my last bit of news is that my youngest brother is coming home from his mission in a few weeks. My boys are so excited that they get to play half life with him again!! Should be fun :)

3 HOLLERS!:

Lis said...

I'm glad to hear things are getting better with "big Ben" :) I hope his tummy starts to feel better, and that his mommy starts getting more sleep!!

C'mon - MUD is SOOOOO much fun!!!! Remember that one time, in that one house, with all us kids, and a HUGE mud pit .... ahhh, that was so fun, until our parents came home and saw the mess. Oh to be a kid again and be blissfully unaware of exactly what problems the mess we are making is going to cause!!! Ha ha ha ... ROFLMAO!

Poor Josh :( I hope he is able to refocus again soon! I'm sure it must be frustrating for him, and for you guys!

Lis said...

OH- and I will be so happy to see Daniel again!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl =) yes i do read it! LOL Tristan is the SAME as Tristan right now! The lying/forgetting is driving me NUTS!! I think its the age and is just a stage i HOPE they outgrow fast!!! I need more pics of the kids!!!

nikki