Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 4- HAPPY BIRTHDAY- are we having fun yet??!!

I did something brave and took the day off work! LOL- a well deserved break for the kids and me!
So, we slept in again- until 915 this time!!
Alex made me a nice breakfast, then we went to workout :)

We had been planning this day to be our fun day, by going to the Zoo. The boys were so excited, and Alex and I were too, until we got down to University and I30!!! What terrible traffic! I had heard that the Zoo had a record number of people there yesterday, since it was half price day- and I figured today would be busy....but I never expected this! Long, Long lines of cars waiting to park- and then at least a mile of a walk before you even got to the Zoo... Madness I tell you!!!

So we changed plans, did a little sight seeing- showed the boys our old house, and ran back home to pick up a coupon for Putt Putt. Much to our disappointment the lines there were also terrible! We ended up just buying game tokens and spent an hour doing that, but the boys at least had fun- and that's the point right??

When we got home I went with an awesome friend of mine and got a pedicure- then went tanning...so I'm in a really good mood now!


And to top it all off... a really good friend of mine in Colorado helped Alex and I put together a great surprise for my sister! He went and picked up the Walker and Balloons, and delivered them to my VERY OLD SISTER!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELISSA!!!

6 HOLLERS!:

Lis said...

Yes yes... you are a punk!
How nice of you and Alex to come up with such a clever idea.... but are you forgetting something? That I am older than you and now still have two years to play your great 3-OH! HA HA... no wait, I didn't want to point out how old I am... forget I said that.... today feels like any other day.... except for the constant reminders from people around me that today magically changes me into "old". Crap, I think I just grew another gray hair.

AND ... what a great time it sounds like you guys had!!! WHERE ARE THOSE PICTURES???? I want to see them ;)

Lis said...

And.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOOOOOO!!!

Lis said...

AND further....

I would just like to thank JOSH too for doing all the running around and getting of the stuff and the decorations. I nearly didn't answer the door!! I thought maybe my dog got out!! Other wise he would have been calling Anne going, ok she's not answering but clearly she's home! She has TWO cars here! Ya ... so THANKS to YOU too JOSH!

Mom said...

hahahah that is SO funny. good job girls for having so much fun celebrating each other's birthdays. You girls are awesome and I love you so much. Hope you enjoyed your birthday despite the long lines.

Danielle Smith said...

Happy belated Birthday! I am glad that you were able to have a really good day and do something for Elissa too!

I have a good life said...

What a fun "gift!" Sorry about the lines. We tried to go to that area of town during Spring Break. It was horrible and the traffic was just INSANE! We have done Putt Putt three years in a row now. The Putt Putt by NorthEast is always crowded. The Putt Putt by Ridgmar doesn't seem to be. I don't know which you went to.

Miss you at the gym. We'll have to talk sometime! :)