Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pinewood Derby

What's up with me lately!!!! All my blogs are so behind, LOL!!

So the Pinewood Derby happened like a month ago....which was like two weeks after Joshua started scouting. He loves it, and really enjoys going every week.

Here is my picture of the first day working on his car. He wanted to do a "Barricade" from Transformers. It turned out cute, with a few modifications. They put part of the cub scout promise on the sides of the car!
Unfortunately for us, we drove all the way to the church building the night of the Pinewood Derby- which usually takes about 20 minutes- before we realized I had forgotten the camera! Since we didn't have time to go back home to get it, we stopped by Fresh Lane and bought a disposable! It's been FOREVER since I used on of those! And true to our style the pictures are still not developed from it :( My brother and parents were nice enough to send me these pictures of the fun though!
Here is Joshua (goofy) and his finished car:
This is all the boys (I know, small group!) and the leaders.

Joshua won best in show :)

It's amazing how much fun all the family had there. After the official race was done we were all allowed to race our cars as much as we liked. Alex, my brother and my dad had all built their own cars- and Joshua thoroughly enjoyed the fact that his car was faster then his dads!

3 HOLLERS!:

I have a good life said...

The Pinewood Derby sounds like such a good time. You don't have a ton of scouts, do you? I love that you have so much family so close. What a blessing for your entire family! :)

nikko said...

Cute stuff. M is absolutely ACHING to go to Cub Scouts. Your ward has a really small pack!

Lis said...

CUB SCOUTS!!!! WOW!!! I love his car - what an awesome idea! I bet that was kick that he beat his dad!