Friday, May 30, 2008

Garage Sale shopping??

So today I got the whim to try garage sale shopping again.
I was driving home from dropping Joshua off at school and saw my neighbor pulling out all his stuff, and the thought crossed my mind that this would be the last Friday morning with just the little kids at home. Next Friday I will have ALL 4 kids! lol!!

So I called up my mom and we both went driving around looking at the sales.
You know what we discovered? Most people just sell their crap!
After 2 hours of shopping my take home treasure was a lamp- for $3 :) I needed a small one for Benjamin's changing table, since the person changing the baby stands in the light from the center of the room.

I might say that shopping today was a bust, and overall a disappointment...and I was resolved to finding all my stuff on Craig's list :)
Then I called a friend- who happened to be in Canton today. Apparently it's a Flea Market, that once a month has lots of shopping and stuff at good prices! It's a really, really long drive- like half way to the east state line! But on Monday, Mom and I are going to check it out :)

Good luck and happy shopping to us!!!

2 HOLLERS!:

Robin said...

Im glad you sent me your blog. Its fun to see whats happening. mine is alonglifesjourney.blogspot.com have a grea day

Lis said...

CRAIGSLIST ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! why would you try the old fashioned way of driving around and looking in - are they called newspapers? ha ha ... glad you see the light ... but flea markets can be fun :)