Monday, May 12, 2008

Still Sick with Family, and Flowers

I've been fighting a silly head cold for the last few days- first it was a serious head ache that no amount of Tylenol could cure, then it was congestion, and has finally moved to loss of voice (which could be a good thing!)
But on Thursday I was in a fog, mostly from my head pounding and the normal "out-of-it" feeling that comes with a head cold and I was trying desperately to get things done since I knew that we had a very busy weekend. Alex had just gotten home from work, and I was attempting to clean out my very cluttered office. Somehow that's where all our "stuff" gets put! And who should call? but my sister, FINALLY!
I was so happy to talk to her, and so much to talk about...too bad my throat hurt so much! It was very nice to talk, but unfortunately nothing else was getting done- like dinner for the kids, and it's now pushing 630. Alex must have had a long day at work, since he was taking a nap on the bed, and the boys had a rough day and were all fighting over pretty much anything they were doing... but I really hated to hang up with my sister because I never get to talk to her anymore. :(
Not 10 minutes after I get off the phone with her, feeling very frustrated at the situation, and not feeling well, I was on the braking point with the family. Then who should show up? but my SIL!! And guess what she had? Her family brought over flowers and "Emergency" chocolates! She knew I wasn't feeling good and just wanted to drop off a get-well gift. SO SWEET! It really made my day :)

Saturday I got home from work, and you know- it's really not much fun to work at 8am on a Saturday! Anyway, Alex had done a great job of getting ready for our friends to come over for lunch, and all the sudden I notice a box on the counter, and I get all excited because I know flowers just got delivered for me! But I knew they weren't from Alex, because we've had such bad luck with flower deliveries since we got married...long story(ies). So who are these flowers from? MY SISTER!! How sweet :) I love African violets, and they seem to be the only thing I can grow...so she sent me one in a cute teacup!! How awesome!

Then that night we had a ward party at a park, it was so much fun. Alex and I were tossing up the idea of going at all, but the kids seemed interested- so we went. I'm so glad we did! Alex had a good time playing Bocce Ball, and then he joined Joshua and I playing sand volleyball- that was quite comical with all the little kids trying to play. We ended up being some of the last people to leave, and wore the kids out. So I thought anyway! Jeremiah and Matthew crashed right after baths, but Joshua....




...Well he spent the night at Nana and Papa's, playing games with Daniel till 1am! Such fun!!!

1 HOLLERS!:

Caglefamily said...

Hey I got your comment that once, and then fell off the earth for a while with the blogging thing, but I am back and plan to be better at it. Congrats on having your little tike he's a cutie. Are you having fun with four? I can't wait for Skkotlynd to be born, comming up in june! YAY!!