Saturday, January 8, 2011

Potty Training Joys...

Disclaimer:
I know this might be too much information for a blog post,
but I am so darn excited right now!Hopefully this won't jinx anything :S

Benjamin showed interest in potty training about 9 months ago, but then we quickly became too busy at work for me to concentrate on remembering to ask him, or encourage him to use the toilet.  So it fell on the back burner, and he stopped even remotely caring or being curious about the toilet.
On Thursday I had a very rigorous schedule at work, that ended with me spending 11 hours on the clock :(  Part of this time the Child Watch center was closed so one of my coworkers/friend watched Benjamin for me :)  She remembered that I had started to potty train Ben, and figured that he was in underwear.  They went to Target and she asked if he needed to potty, he said "yup".  Only then did she realize he still had a diaper on- but he went anyway!!  Then she took him to McDonald's, where he used the potty again, and remained dry!!!  He also used the toilet at the Y when she brought him to work for me, so I figured it's time to potty train him :)
I had Friday off work, but was babysitting another friends little girl in the morning.  Ben had used the potty before she came over, but then had 2 accidents when she was here :(  I gave up, put a diaper on him and went out to do errands and drop his friend off.  When we came home, the diaper came off and he was accident free for 7 hours!!
WOW
Alex's sister came over for a great game of Killer Bunnies (1st time I won in I can't remember how long, but then again, we haven't been great about playing lately) and Ben had 2 accidents :*(

Today has been great though...
I've taken him potty several times, then he started to poop on the floor but quickly came to tell me and finished on the potty :D
His brothers went to clean up dog messes (oh yes, this is their FAVORITE chore...HA!) and he went to assist in the locating landmines job.  Apparently his brothers encouraged his peeing outside, because just a few minutes ago he opened the back door and said "I go potty".  I was curious, so I let him go outside, and sure enough he did!! 
The best news though is that about an hour ago I was having a serious work related issue that had me placing several phone calls (while doing laundry of course) and Ben goes running by the laundry room to my bathroom.  I followed him only to see him climb on the potty and use it!!!!

I'm SUPER EXCITED right now :D

May this be the end of my parental diapering experience!

4 HOLLERS!:

Lis said...

YAY!!!!!! I hope the progress continues! Hurray for happy potty times!

Mom said...

yay Ben!!! oh happy day when there are no more diapers to changes. There is something about boys and peeing outside... why is that? LOL

Heather said...

Awesome!!!!!

The Pyfer Party said...

Such a happy occassion! Yay!!