Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Balloon Fiesta- Day 1

My parent's have been talking about the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta since they moved to New Mexico in Spring of 09.  Mom had heard so much about it that I had considered going with them that first year.  Things didn't pan out that way, and I decided to let them be the guinea pigs to see if it would be any fun, and they sure enjoyed themselves!  Mom knew I would love it, so she purchased a Balloon Fiesta calendar for me :)
So this year Alex and I made definite plans to go.  We opted that the best weekend to go would be for the "Special Shapes Rodeo", unfortunately this had the boys missing school for a day and 1/2, but I promise they didn't complain one bit!
It was a killer of a drive, and I was about to let loose on Matt if he asked if we were "in Texas still"!  Augh, of course the answer is YES, it's like a million miles just to LEAVE Texas!!
We arrived in Rio Rancho early enough for dinner and play time for the boys, too bad they were not as tired as we hoped!  We all ended up staying up much later then we had wanted, but have no fear- the Powell boys were up promptly at 630am as always!
Jeremiah excitedly came in to wake me up to see the balloons that were flying over head.  I stumbled out, put on my glasses, and then jumped with as much excitement that my children exhibited!  I went running in to get Alex up and dressed so that we could go see the balloons land!! 
LOL, he was not as cheery as I was :)

This first picture is taken right by my parent's house, on the main road.
And this one was just off on a side road, not 5 minutes from where my parents live.  We got out of the car, and walked over to the balloonist who was waiting for their chasing team.
Then they let us help them take the balloon down!!
 I really was super excited to be there.  Mom and Dad surprised us with tickets to 3 events down at the field!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 HOLLERS!:

Mom said...

that was so much fun to have you guys here for that!!! glad you came.