Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 3rd

I want to take a moment and brag on some of my wonderful nursery mothers!
I am currently teaching the "young" nursery, and have been for right about a year now. I have come to really enjoy the calling, although I certinally did not at first. We have a really great routine, with soft music, defused oil, and play dough to start the day. The kids don't cry at all, (keep in mind these kids are 18 months to about 30 months old) which I think is fantastic, and they all get along pretty well. It's been fun for them to see me outside of class, and still be excited 😍
Our nursery almost doubled in May and June, and we realized it was time to transition our older kids to the "older" nursery. It was a very sad day for me, because I really love these kids! The moms of the five that transitioned gave us the sweetest gift, made my heart melt to feel appreciated and worthwhile (sometimes you wonder when getting the kids to sit still for a 10-ok, 5-minute lesson).



Ok, think we "fun"ed our kids out the lay two days, we had a little grouchiness and strong resistance to going to see another fireworks show 😣
I really wanted to see the Hawiian Falls firework show, but no one would go with me. Instead we stood on our sidewalk and watched all our neighbors fireworks. Although not as good, it was still pretty exciting. I swear my neighbor had over a dozen families at his party, and it was almost a continuous stream of lights and pops. So pretty!!! Unfortunately, the show was eventually rained out.
However, it did resume close to midnight and last another hour or so 😒
Can I just say how much I love the Fourth of July?!?

0 HOLLERS!: