Sunday, July 10, 2016

July 2nd

We spent the day at Granbury lake with the cousins, Aunts, and Grandparents. Everyone seemed to have a good time, and there was plenty of good food to go around.

Melissa was a wonderful host! She made vegan snicker doodles for my mom, plus had special beans and plenty of fruit! Which is saying something for the family that loves BBQ and sweet desserts 😍

The Coles indroduced us to a game called Labyrinth, and I think I need to purchase it for Ben now 😁 What a hit!

Then we took the kids out on the lake, tossing at least one of them from the raft each round. Everyone swore they put sunscreen on, but most of them have sunburns that say other wise.

A trip to the lake is not complete unless we spend about half the time jumping from the deck to the water! This year was difficult though because the boys saw a water snake go under the decking 😵 Needless to say, I did NOT get into the water! Ben had a very hard time with it, and when he did finally jump in, he flailed around yelling at the long gone snake. It took him about 20 minutes of jumping in and climbing right back out before he finally stayed in to swim.


These cousins are too darn cute!


Grandpa Dan brought fireworks for all the kids, which the grandkids look forward to every year. This year Grandpa Dan brought the big guns, I've never heard poppers so loud!!


0 HOLLERS!: