My boys have loved reading and looking through the two years of blog posts that I had printed into hard bound books.
You would think that would be enough inspiration for me to keep up the blog, right?
It hasn't been.
It's been more of a nagging feeling of "oh, I should do that...someday, when I have time".
Now I am in my 3rd semester of the Church's Pathways program, and I am taking an English course. We spent the entire first week and a half talking and learning about the importance of writing, especially our own stories.
Right before this semester started I attended my grandpa's funeral, where I realized I new less about him than I would like to admit. I thought about how nice it would be to hear the stories of his life, and perhaps they are out there somewhere, but even if I heard them to repeat to my children who's to say that I would be able to keep the story straight, or not forget details? That's why writing down the stories of our lives are so important. Now, or years from now, anyone could read this blog and know the stories of these boys growing up, and all of our happy times, our sad time, our victories and our losses.
That was my re-commitment to blogging.
Then I logged in, realized I hadn't posted in over 2 years, noticed I needed to change our family picture and perhaps the blog layout.
I also saw 5 unpublished posts, the first one being Ben's 4th birthday. I thought, what the heck? I will publish these 5 "as is" and move on.
Unfortunately, the next post was titled "My worst Christmas...ever!" It wasn't until I was rereading what I had only partially written that I knew I couldn't post it just yet. That was the day my employee and friend died. It's been over 2 years and I still can't put those feelings into words.
The next post I clicked on was our Spring Break camping trip where Matt fell into the fire, and burned his hand very badly. In there were pictures of the close family friends we went camping with, and their dad passed away just a few months later. I am not sure I am ready to finish writing that one either :(
I hope one day it will come- as they are both stories worth telling. I can already tell that as time has passed so have some of my memories and feelings on these two dates, and the following weeks.
One step at a time...
For now, I hope I am back to telling the stories of the crazy Powell party of 6!
Sunday, May 3, 2015
Stopping and Starting
News from Anne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 HOLLERS!:
Blogs are great even if they are just pictures
Post a Comment