Saturday, May 16, 2015

My love letter school project :)

Dear Chocolate Fudge,
            Oh, how I crave your presence!  If only you were in my house every moment of every day, so I would never have to grieve your absence. I would be able to keep you all to myself, as you would constantly be resting in an airtight container above my refrigerator, where no little hands could reach.  Your irresistible chocolate flavor and smooth texture continue to beckon to me, like an old friend coming to visit.
            The recipe to make you was passed down by my French grandmother, and is a secret that can’t be told, but is enjoyed by all who have been graced by your presence.  Oh, the birthday parties, potlucks, and other celebrations that you have attended with me!  They would not have been the same had you not been there.  You have perfectly and evenly cut squares that have always been attractively laid out on a serving platter for all to see your beauty.  The admirers you have are countless, as the word of your exquisite taste and the pleasures you bring are spread amongst the crowds.
            To be perfectly honest, however, I enjoy our quiet peaceful moments together beyond compare.  Although it is wonderful to be the one beside you at gatherings where you are the center of attention, it is the most amazing feeling to find myself alone with you at the end of a long day.  The greatest thing I can imagine is to be curled up together with you on the couch where you could, quite literally, melt in my hands.  Your smooth, dark surface enchants me, as if to tell me of your health benefits and persuade me to never leave you.  It only takes one small bite to know that you are the one for me, while pure joy fills my soul.  Your very essence captivates me and holds me prisoner, as I am infatuated with even the smallest of pieces.  I have come to learn that the longer I let you melt in my mouth the deeper my delight will be, and so I let you linger there.
            Recently, you were the biggest source of comfort that I have ever found, something that I could never adequately thank you enough for.  My husband was out of town on a long trip, leaving me at home with the four little ones during the chaotic first week of school.  That week was filled with “meet the teachers” and brand new schools, in addition to the regularly over scheduled calendar we keep.  That night is engraved into my memory forever as my frustration boiled over, and my patience for life wore thin.  In my moment of weakness I was able to sit with you and let your heavenly chocolate sweetness wash over me and melt away my sadness and anger.  I do not deserve the comfort you bring, and can only wish that I had the ability to support others as you have supported me.
            I honestly yearn for your presence, and am anxiously waiting until we meet again.  You are a treasure that seems to depart swiftly, like a fleeting moment of my life.  If only I could keep you near me at all times!
Blissfully yours,

Anne

0 HOLLERS!: