Friday, October 8, 2010

Roswell, NM

August 16, 2010

On Monday we started the long drive home. In the short two years that I have been making this drive (I think that totals 4 or 5 times) I've already become tired of the very dull 10 hour Amarillo drive. Since my parents were coming back with me to see Matthew off to his first day of Kindergarten, we voted to go the only other way back to Fort Worth- through Roswell :)
You can't go to Roswell and not see the Aliens there, right?!

The boys were far less excited about it then I was, until they saw them anyway! It was a trip driving into the town and seeing Alien heads as lamp posts, and "Not of this world" cafes. The boys would barley put down the DS to look around.

We went to the Area 51 Museum, which had funny props and great photo ops.
Benjamin was not excited at all about being near the Aliens...
Papa got on and showed them how cool it was!
They warmed up with Papa sitting next to them..
Then Josh was right at home, touching them and wondering off all on his own.
Nice space ship! LOL, most of it was comical to the adults!
Look, they are driving the spaceship now!
Who's in the Biological Analysis....??
Too funny!!
This alien had a newspaper to read too, there are some funny pictures of the other boys sitting on the "pot" reading the paper!

Joining us for a Backyard BBQ :)
This was the neatest room to take pictures, but I really had a hard time getting both boys to look at me, and pretend they were falling. Oh well.
Then we sat down and had drinks with the Aliens, and the boys are very friendly now :)
Jeremiah is such a ham! He loves being silly, I caught him dancing with this Alien and the mirror :D
It was all fun and games, and had us laughing at the silliness of it all. We went shopping in the gift shop, the boys picked out small airplanes and tee-shirts with Alien heads. My dad got a shirt that pictured an Alien with a gun and the words "Special Forces" :) I have one that reads "If aliens are smart enough to travel through space, why do they keep abducting the dumbest people on earth?"
But then I noticed a few posters around the room, one was a map of all the UFO sightings in the USA, quite a few more then I thought! And then there was this...
Aliens look more like Humans then most people imagine.

Ben went crazy when he noticed this "Alien"...

1 HOLLERS!:

Anonymous said...

When you wear your new shirt, you better make sure no abductees see you!
~Dan