Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mom's Yucca Plant, My Car and Fun Games

One last project we had at Mom and Dad's house before we left for home was to take Yucca plants out of the front yard. My mom really detests these plants, and I can't say they are my favorite either. Very poky suckers!
The boys were a little resistant to pitching in, until Matthew saw that he could use these clippers :) Daniel had already given it a hair cut, but it could still use a trim.
Then we had the boys moving the rocks... and the easiest way to do that is to throw them!
That is, except for the big ones :) Jeremiah loved moving these ones. The idea was to get them out of the way so Papa could pull the plants out with his SUV. Too bad I don't have pictures of that, the boys thought it was awesome. They were confused how Papa's car was going to pull out bushes, until they saw how fun it was. Then they wanted him to do it to the other trees :) hahaWhile we were working on the plants my dad was replacing the brakes on my car. We didn't realize how bad they were when I left home, and it hadn't been that long since the last replacement. Apparently I am just really hard on brakes, and drive the van more like its a car :) One side was so bad we had to replace the rotors too :(
Nothing like good old car maintenance!
Daniel and I taught the boys to play Stratego. It's a fun game, but I think I only won once, and lost more times then I can count :) We looked for the game everywhere, but the only version the local stores sell is a Fantasy one with Dragons and Elves. I didn't want this one for my boys, so I figured I would just order one online. Mom ended up finding one of the Classic ones just before we left :) YAY!

0 HOLLERS!: