A friend of mine (who I haven't seen in a while) pointed out that she thought I was still in New Mexico because I'm so behind in posting- and I haven't been changing the dates!
The boys and I drove out to New Mexico on August 7th, and drove back home with my mom and dad on August 17th. So these last what, 10 posts, were all done in a weeks time :)
If I remember right we went to the Zoo on Friday August 13th, then went and briefly saw Old Town, and ate at an Italian Restaurant. It was a sit down, figure out what to eat, then go to the counter to order, family restaurant- GREAT food! I was having a few work related issues while we were trying to figure out what to order, so no one thought better of it when I walked to the other room on the phone and asked the lady at the counter to hold on to my card until we ordered, and no matter who tried to pay for it just run my card :) Meanwhile my sister and Dad were arguing over who was going to pay for it, and my sister ended up thinking she had won, that is until the lady handed me the receipt to sign ;) The really funny part of the story is that after we had our fill of food my dad went to the counter and ordered cookies and ice cream for everyone. Unknowingly my sister also went and ordered brownies and ice cream for everyone. We ended up having 11 deserts that fed two each (and there were 12 people there)! Ugh, we were so stuffed, lol! My kids actually ended up saying they didn't want anymore ice cream!!! Sad to say, we left unfinished brownies, cookies and ice cream at the table... haha.
OK, back to the Zoo :)
We were waiting in line to pick up a few wagons when Jeremiah started scratching. This is not at all unusual for him and his dry skin, but he seemed to be scratching more then usual, so I asked him to stop and said he looked like a monkey.
Josh joined in the fun and they both pretended to be monkeys, great face Josh :D
It was fun however to try and line up kids to see how many it would take to be as long as a crocodile :)
Another fantastic face Joshua...
Joshua was mad at me here because I wouldn't let him put on his shoes, he was dripping wet! (Don't you love the matching shirts?? We purchased them from the Bandelier gift shop, 4 for my boys, and 1 for Spencer)

3 HOLLERS!:
The zoo was awesome .... except that one part, and you know what i'm talking about... but other then that, the kids had fun seeing the animals, and the water definitely was great for cooling down from the heat!
And about the deserts ... um, that's what you get for not letting me pay for dinner ;)
wow- what alot of fun we had. Of course, I love the zoo :-) but it was so much fun watching the kids looking at things. And the water area is a great place for the kids to cool off.
Post a Comment