Sunday, January 13, 2013

Las Vegas 2011

Yikes, my posts are getting out of order again, and don't know how I missed the rest of my Las Vegas story :D

I had missed my brother's wedding here back in 2007 due to a freak dust storm in Dallas the day of my flight.  I was lucky enough to eventually fly out of DFW, but we didn't know any flights were going to make it out until after the wedding :(
So when Alex and I went for our Anniversary in 2011, we went to the Chapel Michael and Tania were married in and took pictures- see we DID make it! 
A day late and a dollar short is better then never right?! ;)

 
 
We stayed in the Stratosphere, and I swore I was going to ride at least one of the small rides they had up on the top.  This is the view from up there:

 
Sadly, I did not even attempt to go on a ride!  Buckled in or not, this was WAY too steep of a drop to be shot off the side of a building :)  Bungee jumping I might have done though, but Alex was going NO WHERE near that!
Inside the building they had angled the glass so that you could lean out a bit and see almost directly below where you were standing.  This made Alex really uncomfortable, and at first he wouldn't even take a picture of me sitting on the ledge, so I did ;) 

Vegas is SO much fun!  It's amazing to see all the architecture, and creativity that people put into these million dollar hotels.  As we walked around we kept commenting about how our boys would love this or that.  No chance I am taking them there though, it's incredible the amount of filth!  After a while you get used to it, or more like ignoring it, but I couldn't in good conscious take little kids there (or teenage boys).
We never did see this Pirate show, kept meaning to come back at show time, but would get distracted by all the other things to see :)


I LOVE the ceiling in this hotel!


We seriously got lost in this market place :)  We were meeting up with my friend Tiffany and her new husband, and had the hardest time finding each other!
I don't know the random guy in this next picture- but the water feature was fascinating :D


I think this was in that same Hotel, and how cool is that tree!!??
(and the guy in front of it ;) )


OK, I'm not going to make comments about all the rest of these pictures, other then how COOL they look!! We walked the strip sooo many times, and each time I found more wonderful things to see and take pictures of.  I think Alex got tired of being the consistent item in all of the photos- and he had fun with some of his poses ;)









These pictures are from our second trip to the Dam, where we had the time to look around.
First we stopped on the new highway bypass- when they built this road they included a sidewalk for pedestrians to over look the Dam, and what an awesome view!  (OK, maybe Alex wasn't such a fan, especially when you could feel the vibrations of the overpass as large trucks drove by...and I lost one of my favorite earrings in the wind, but other than that it was great!)



Can you see the tiny people up there?  LOL

 
The Nevada and Arizona state line.

 
That's a steep drop!

 
 
 
 
And these pictures just confirm what dorks we are :)  At least we had a good time!

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

0 HOLLERS!: