Growing up in my family, we were constantly doing some kind of project. I realize this has to do with us always moving, and buying houses that needed repairs, but it has warped my view on houses. I get very restless if there isn't a project, which is why my house gets rearranged so much.
When I was over at my friend Pam's house, I loved what she had done with one of her rooms, and when I asked her how she did it, she volunteered to come help me :)
First we used joint compound to make the ridges and valleys. Admittedly, I was sore the next day!

I know it's silly, but I didn't want make a new vinyl print, so my friend Natassia suggested just framing it in- so I did :)
When I was over at my friend Pam's house, I loved what she had done with one of her rooms, and when I asked her how she did it, she volunteered to come help me :)
First we used joint compound to make the ridges and valleys. Admittedly, I was sore the next day!
I know it's silly, but I didn't want make a new vinyl print, so my friend Natassia suggested just framing it in- so I did :)
Then I primed the all the walls, and then gave it a base coat (same color it had been).
We started the "rub on, rub off" phase around the front door, because it's the last place visitors will see ;)
I thought it was a little too dark, so we thinned out the color before finishing the room. Now that you know that story, you will notice the difference when you look at the walls, but had you not known, you never would have noticed.
My vinyl before I framed it :D
And all done!
The saddest thing about my slightly tainted childhood- quite a few of our projects were completed just before our annual Pie Night the day before Thanksgiving. So was this one (2011). Nothing like a bunch of people coming over to get you motivated to get things done!


1 HOLLERS!:
I had forgotten what it looked like before the paint! Good job!
Post a Comment