Friday, October 28, 2011

Trip to the Volcanos

My parent's have lived in New Mexico for a few years now, and each time we visit we look for new things to go see and explore.  We've had a wicked summer in Texas this year, so spending time in the dry desert didn't feel that bad... still, my less then brilliant idea to see the Volcanoes mid-August wasn't a hit with the family.
The hour or so drive up there was pleasant, sitting in air conditioning and all.  The hike from the car to the top of one Volcano was enough to send the children into complaining mode.

The clouds made this an awesome picture though!!
 

Ben needed a lift from Daddy up the hill, with Jeremiah and Matt trailing behind them. 
Josh and I tried to race up the hill :)
 
It's a pretty good view from the top ;)

Papa is KING OF THE HILL!


My tough little men ;)
 

Awesome view of Albuquerque!! 


This is one tired bunch!!  Never again, will we hike a Volcano in mid-August, in a desert!


The most exciting thing I did on this hike was chase down this Jack Rabbit :)  I wanted a good picture of him, but he kept running away.  I'm sure it was pretty comical for everyone else to watch me hurdle sage brush just to click a few pictures! 
 



Tired little Bennyboy found a dead worm looking animal, and carried it all the way back to the car to show everyone.  Proof that almost NOTHING can live out here!
Posted by Picasa

0 HOLLERS!: