Sunday, October 30, 2011

Camping- Day 1

As I was sorting through all the pictures I took of the camp out, it seems like all we did was eat!
So let's start with the all important... Breakfast!!
Papa has some pretty cool camping equipment, including this very industrial sized grill.  It comes in very handy when cooking for 16 people.
Jeremiah was a big help with the French Toast, and the temperature gauge.  The boys took that tool all over, testing the different temperature of things like rocks and trees!

 
Josh was given bacon duty :)

 
The little kids were not so entertained by cooking food, so they took to the woods!  Matthew loves to play "King of the Hill".  Clearly here, he has won :)

 
This makes me laugh just seeing it again!!  The kids were playing with a bubble machine...but getting slightly out of hand with trying to pop them, too many other children where getting "accidentally hit".  So we switched to EATING the bubbles!  I know, I'm such a good mom right??  I really don't think it's toxic... and it was super funny to watch.

 
We also attempted a few nature walks during the day, and quickly discovered that the mosquitoes out numbered us, even in broad daylight... and the farther you went from the road, the more thickly infested the woods were.  We constantly had candles burning, and bug spray cans everywhere, the mosquitoes were so bad!
In the end we just stuck to the roads for walks, and I have no idea why I didn't take pictures of these- because we seemed to go on a walk every hour!

 
The whole time we were walking Abraham kept picking flowers it was so darn cute.  Even Nana helped him learn to hold two at a time :)


Oh look, here we are cooking again!  Yum, what's for Lunch?  Good thing there is so much help cooking, and cleaning up.

 
 
Dad made some really yummy desserts in his dutch oven :)  Let's skip dinner and go straight for the pie!

 
I think Abraham found the next best place to play :)
Posted by Picasa

1 HOLLERS!:

The Pyfer Party said...

I am dying to know what happened on Day 2! :)

This really makes me miss Colorado camping! Fun!