Wednesday, September 1, 2010

arriving in New Mexico

My boys were well equipped with video games, movies, books and other activities that I thought I would survive the whole trip without the usual "are we there yet?". I only made it 4 hours before Matt started in, "are we in New Mexico yet?" and "is this still Texas?". I reminded him over and over again that he really couldn't miss the Welcome to New Mexico Monument (Which I wish I had gotten a picture of, but it was over the highway!) Surprisingly he was very reluctant to get out and have his picture taken with the sign.
Oh well, being the wonderful mom I am (HA) I made them take it anyway :D


I do believe Ben is even yelling at me in this one...
With only an hour left, the boys were done with the travel. I called my parents and said we would be late- then pulled off at this rest stop, where the most exciting thing to do was throw rocks! Have at it- no cars, no people, no problem! They are boys, right?
They sure were happy to get to Nana and Papa's, and moved on to their favorite thing to play with, LEGO'S!! (oh, and their uncle Daniel)
Posted by Picasa

0 HOLLERS!: