Sunday, September 26, 2010

Rio Grande

After we left Bandlier we stopped to view the Rio Grande river further north of my parents house. As we drove through the mountains I started noticing several burned trees- and pretty soon I was very distracted looking at the vast forest fire and trying to guess how long ago it had burned. I didn't notice that I had been using my brakes most of the way down the mountain, and I know better then that! All the sudden we came to a stop due to some construction, and my car started smoking and smelled horrible!! Thankfully I just downshifted the rest of the way and we stopped to get something to eat in a town at the bottom while it cooled off.
Benjamin fell asleep in the car before we made it to the Rio Grande, and Jeremiah was far too interested in his DS to want to see it- so I left them in the car while we took pictures.


Papa and his "Michael Jackson" move... LOL!!
This is Joshua- who seems unafraid of heights, either that or he just likes to make his mom a little nervous- which hardly ever happens :)

Look who's the rock climber now! ;)



Posted by Picasa

2 HOLLERS!:

Danielle Smith said...

All of these "right on the edge" shots make me nervous!! I am so afraid of heights!

Mom said...

White Rock was sure a beautiful place to see the river and the mountain range from wasn't it? By then we were sure getting tired. Then we had that fun dinner in the restaurant in Santa Fe. LOL. What a day that was.