Friday, October 2, 2009

We're sick, but who isn't??!!

Yup, the last week has been fun with one kid getting sick, and then another.
Sometimes I think it would be much better if everyone got sick at once, instead of trying to isolate one kid from the others.
However, I believe that I have almost single-handedly financially supported the makers of Lysol. That's right, our house is under constant spray and wipe. I am refusing to get sick! There is nothing worse then a sick momma, followed closely by a recently-recovered-from-being-sick momma who gets to then clean up the house from however many days it was that she was sick :(
Therefore I am in complete denial that this will affect me. I may be surrounded by fevers, chills, green runny noses, coughs, sneezing, the sound of someone throwing up, or complaints of a sick stomach, but it will not touch me!

On the bright side, many wonderful things have happened at home.
Since I have found myself a stay at home mom for the week, I have rearranged 2 bedrooms and the toy room (along with de-junking it), made meals from scratch which is very out of character for me, got a firm grip on the laundry, and was inspired by my SIL to clean my kitchen (and we are talking spotless clean ;) )
In fact, I am so proud of my kitchen, and my rearranged life of the week, that I am actually willing to post a picture of the way my life has become. Yes, sadly this is what my kitchen looks like on a good day :( And if you know me well, this is terrible- I HATE stuff on my counters!!! But then the after picture of my clean kitchen... complete with my polished stainless steal :)

3 HOLLERS!:

TiffanyM said...

I love it! I'm so proud. my house is now so messy i have to clean every inch. Uh! I can't wait till i get storage then this problem wouldn't happen as much! :)

I have a good life said...

Wow! Great job making the most out of the time being home with the sickies! IMPRESSIVE! I sometimes need a little of that motivation.

Lis said...

You have a beautiful house ... even when it's messy... but DANG... so SHINY when you polish it all up! NICE!

Now... come help me clean mine ;)
J/K! :)
You already DID too much when you were here!!