Tuesday, October 20, 2009

4 mile Trinity Trot

Here is the first offical test along the long road to have half marathon.

I would have to say that I started out the program strong, with 6 day a week workout which included weights, extra classes and ofcourse running. These last few weeks since everyone has been sick has really knocked me off my bandwaggon. I am down to only running 3 times a week :(

To make this race more complicated I added going to a GNO friday night. Not that I would take it back, because it was FUN (and very needed) but staying up until after 1am, and eating after midnight was NOT a good plan!
...8 am came very early that day :)

We did happen to get a picture before the race, too bad I didn't think to get one afterwards too, because the guys were literally STEAMING..... this is curtusy of Natassia's brother, and I'm sorry Tassia, I HAD to post it ;)

SKINNY JEANS HERE WE COME!!!
The run was pretty good, interestingly they had us turn around twice along the route, at the first turn (mile marker 1) I was doing about 10 minutes a mile, and Alex was ahead of me :(
I passed him by mile 2, but in the end he came in 2 minutes behind me and I averaged 11 1/2 minutes a mile :(

Hopefully the 10k Turkey Trot will be better!!!!

3 HOLLERS!:

Alexander the Not-so-Great said...

Actually you came in 00:01:29 - YES, 1 MINUTE and 29 SECONDS ahead of me by the RACE CHIP...
-Alex

Tassia said...

lol...11 1/2 minutes a mile is nothing to frown about. You're doing AWESOMEW!!! :)

Mom said...

pretty good run considering your circumstances. Too bad I won't be there to enjoy you run in the turkey trot again this year. Keep up the great work! Yeah for skinny jeans! I am glad Alex ran too. Before you know it you'll be one of those families who has everyone running in the race :-)