On Wednesday Joshua and I were talking about things at school shortly after he got home. He was excited about "getting a job" at school, paying "rent" on his desk, and telling me that I had better not make him tardy, since it would cost him $50! :)
Then he said, I have a feeling that I need to leave school early on Friday. I was like, what do you mean early? He said "I think about noon, that's the feeling I get".
So obviously the first thought that popped into my head was, OK- What test/project is going on on Friday that he wants to miss??
Turns out he doesn't even have to take his spelling test on Friday because he got 102 on his test last week... so I wonder what it could be??!!
I let it go until this morning, I was making lunch for the kids and Joshua reminded me to pick him up early. I told him that I had to work until noon, maybe even one. He said, well, just as close to noon as you can.
I thought about it while I was at work.. tossing up could this be made up, or could he really be inspired?
In the end I got sent home early from work because we were not all that busy, so I thought- why not? I just wont let him play games (since Friday is GAME DAY) until his brother gets home.
I got to the school 5 minutes till noon.
We came home, ate lunch, started chores... then I went into the other room and Matt decided it was a good idea to topple over the toy shelf right ontop of Benjamin. I understand from his point of view that it would be cool to sit in the middle of a pile of toys...but Ben didn't think it was so fun. Thankfully Joshua was there to pick up the shelf (he says Matt couldn't move it, but I think he could have...but I will let Josh feel like the hero) and as he is helping clean up all the toys he says, It's a good thing I got the feeling to come home early, so I could be here to save Benjamin and Matthew.
What do you say to that?? I agree that it was cool, it saved Ben from too many tears, but not life or death. And it reaffirmed in Joshua's mind that he is entitled to inspiration. On the other hand, what if I missed something, and it really was a problem that he is avoiding at school- maybe trouble with friends, feeling left out, a project or test?? Or was it just happenstance??

2 HOLLERS!:
Missing a little school won't hurt him...even for a test or friend issues....they will still be there.
But, Wow!, encouraging the faith of a child....priceless.
What a good Mom you are, Anne!
(Hey and if there are issues at school, he has the confidence in his spiritual answers to face whatever it is with even greater courage!)
I agree, missing a little school, NBD .... having an experience that he will remember for the rest of his life - now that's priceless :)
and shows what an awesome mom you are too, teaching him to have confidence in his "little promptings" and allowing him to act on it. I think everything fell right into place that day for all the events that happened, doesn't matter if it "saved a life" or not, it made a lasting impression, and that's worth a lot :)
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment