Josh and Jeremiah couldn't be happier- in fact, Josh has been counting down for the last 3 weeks :)
On Tuesday we had the award ceremonies for both Josh and Jeremiah. Every student got their two awards...and if you ask me, some of them were pretty ridiculous.
Each student got some kind of attendance award, either "perfect" or "almost perfect" attendance for one or more of the six week increments.
Jeremiah got perfect for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th, six weeks.
I did appreciate Joshua's awards more, one of them was for commendable performance on the TAKS test...now really, that is something to be proud of!
See an older blog http://powellpartyof6.blogspot.com/2008/06/joshuas-last-day-of-school.html for how I felt last year....my feelings haven't changed much!!
On Tuesday we had the award ceremonies for both Josh and Jeremiah. Every student got their two awards...and if you ask me, some of them were pretty ridiculous.
Each student got some kind of attendance award, either "perfect" or "almost perfect" attendance for one or more of the six week increments.
Jeremiah got perfect for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th, six weeks.
I did appreciate Joshua's awards more, one of them was for commendable performance on the TAKS test...now really, that is something to be proud of!
See an older blog http://powellpartyof6.blogspot.com/2008/06/joshuas-last-day-of-school.html for how I felt last year....my feelings haven't changed much!!
Right after the awards we had Matthew's preschool party at my house. It was fun to see all the kids together, and the really cute shirts one of the mom's made!! She had measured the kids at the beginning and end- Matt grew an inch!! LOL
After the party I took all the boys to the Zoo, to celebrate the end of school. Jeremiah was really freaked out by the animals- kept saying that they were going to bite us. I hope he is not too afraid to go back!! They all really loved the birds though, Ben got a big kick out of trying to catch them :)

Then that night Jeremiah graduated from Kindergarten!!
The A/C had not been turned on in the gym, and everyone was sweating SO badly! Even Benjamin's little curls were glued to his hair!! There was standing room only when I got there 15 minutes early, it's a really good thing we didn't have a large group! Thankfully they did a quick ceremony, and people began filing out as soon as their child had received their award.
The A/C had not been turned on in the gym, and everyone was sweating SO badly! Even Benjamin's little curls were glued to his hair!! There was standing room only when I got there 15 minutes early, it's a really good thing we didn't have a large group! Thankfully they did a quick ceremony, and people began filing out as soon as their child had received their award.
We half expected Jeremiah to Jump off the stage like he did last year- he almost looked like he was going to, and perhaps he would have if an administrator was not standing on the steps to shake hands.
Instead the original thing he did, was running from his line to his teacher on stage. :) I think he has a need to stand out among the crowd!
Jeremiah's teacher had told my father-in-law that she was "never going to forget Jeremiah"!! HA HA HA.... I'm very sure she wont. Honestly, I don't think any of us will forget her either. I really wish her the best, and hope that she never teaches Kindergarten again!!


1 HOLLERS!:
well I hope you enjoy your much-deserved summer vacation. And here's to hoping that next year will be better for Jeremiah. I hope his teacher never teachers K again either. She was something else. All the preschoolers looked so cute. What great shirts. I am thrilled for you that you got a zoo pass- enjoy!!!
Post a Comment