Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day at the Lake

This year for Father's Day Alex's dad asked us to bring our boat to Gram's Lake house, her poor truck had a REALLY hard time pulling the boat in the heat, and couldn't go over 50. We tried SO hard to be there on time...but really, who were we trying to kid? I mean, this is us after all, and we had 7 kids!! haha

After a very tyring time in a not-so-kid-proof house we finally got to ride on the boat. My SIL and her kids were the first to try out the tube. I think it was their first time ever?? But they loved it :)
Then my boys took a turn, and Mia and I just chilled in the back :)
The two babies did great, Benjamin took his usual nap, and Gabe just sat there- but didn't cry much. Then we got the chance to leave all the bigger kids swimming with Grandpa Dan while the "really big kids" water skied!
It was nice to have music in the boat again...too bad I forgot our flash drive at home :( But hey- the radio gets OK reception! It was a fun Father's Day, very tiring too :)

2 HOLLERS!:

Mom said...

looks like lots of fun on the boat- so glad you had a great time!

The Tall and Short of it said...

FUN!!!
I love the pic with all of you!
CUTE!