Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Crazy Texas Weather

I love the weather we get in the spring here in Texas...summer is a different story, but spring is wonderful!!

These storm pictures were taken around Easter time, one of the few storms that actually hit our house :)  Most of the storms this year have been to the North and South of us, which are great to watch, but it's much more fun to have actually hit us :)  Not to mention that we need the rain!

I know I'm weird, but storms excite me!
This picture is from the Tornadoes that passed through our area.  I'll admit that it was a little scary, but fascinating as well.  It was amazing to see clouds spinning in all different directions, but it got interesting when this cloud showed up, and started to move some of the toys in the back yard.  I do believe it turned into a tornado just miles from our house... causing little damage, mostly to fences, before disappearing.

We went out to the front after this one passed, where we joined quite a few neighbors also watching the clouds and listening to the radio.  Alex made a joke about how it would be on the news that the residence of the street disappeared- but the houses remained in tact.
Alex also got a picture on his cell phone of the tornado that touched down a few miles north of us, that was really crazy to see. Thankfully it hit an area that doesn't have many houses!
Posted by Picasa

0 HOLLERS!: