Yes, I know it was over a month ago :( And I know that several friends and family have commented on my lack of blogging lately. Truth is that I find myself going days without even checking my email now... and I don't like that.
In any case, Ben had his birthday party on March 13th. Last minute my cake lady cancelled on me, and I did my best to put together a basketball themed ice cream cake for Ben.
Benjamin loves blowing out candles, and it was hard to make him wait long enough for us to sing to him :)
We bought Ben a basketball hoop and ball for his birthday. The one we originally purchased didn't go as low as we thought, so we exchanged it for this one. He spends hours everyday outside playing with it. One day he was out there 45 minutes straight playing by himself!
This is Benjamin's "best friend". I work with her mom, who works every morning so even when I'm there to just workout, she is there to play with. He loves to call her name while running into work, or ask for her anytime we go to the Y, and even when we go to McDonald's (since we have made a few play dates with her there). Recently they have even started holding hands while playing on the playground (must be a girl thing). He talks to her about everything, including his poopy diapers! It's quite funny actually, I went to change his diaper one day and said, "oh stinky Ben!" and Ben called, quite loudly, "Haylee! Haylee, Ben poopy!" They sing songs together, dance together and play Ring Around the Rosie together. It's amusing to see someone so young have a particular friend that they do everything with.


1 HOLLERS!:
that is SO funny that he enjoyed the birthday song and candle blowing so much. He's such a cutie!
Post a Comment