Sunday, April 18, 2010

Joshua's 10th Birthday

I can't believe my baby boy is 10 years old now, I knew the double digits day was coming- when he makes the transition, in my mind, from kid to preteen- but it got here a whole lot faster then I thought it would.

He had two friends spend the night, and we went to see How To Train Your Dragon 3D... they loved it :) It's amazing to see how far the film industry has come, and I have to say that the ash falling really did feel like you could just reach out and grab it!
I started working on this cake that night, and I really hate to admit how much time it took to make! I think my real reason is that I ran out of writing icing, and hind sight tells me that it would have been a time saver to just go buy more. Live and learn. The boys thought it was awesome, and that's all I can ask for.




10 Things I Love About Joshua-


1- He is a very logical thinker, and really surprises me sometimes with the things he puts together.

2- He makes me laugh! I love his faces when he jokingly mocks me- it's great just to play around with him.

3- He loves his brothers, and although they irritate him sometimes, he will always stick up for them in front of friends.

4- He really enjoys reading.

5- He has a practical imagination- and can turn what he learns in school into a creation to share with us.

6- He loves, loves, loves Lego's!! I loved them growing up, and believe the are important in development- it's great to watch him build!

7- He is a big fan of music, except when he has to play the piano. You can often find him walking around with his MP3 player he got for Christmas :)

8- He is very flexible when it comes to what he eats. Nice to have a less picky kid. (Although, it would be nicer if he liked Spaghetti!)

9- He's a sweet, sensitive boy. I love that he cares about other people in general, and notices when a child is left out.

10- He is my angel, in many ways. I love that he saved me from myself, and when I see him everyday I am reminded of who I could have been, or who I could still become if I am not careful. He makes me want to be a better mom, because he deserves it.

I love you Little Man- and I hope you know it, because now you are not so little.


Posted by Picasa

3 HOLLERS!:

Tassia said...

Look at you and your WICKED AWESOME cake skills! So fun!

Danielle Smith said...

Awww! That was so sweet what you wrote about him! Good job on the cake! I can't believe he is ten already! Has it really been almost 8 years since I used to watch him?! Aaaaah!

Mom said...

I can hardly believe he's 10. That went fast. He's a terrific young man and he's lucky to have you as his mom.