Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My weekend get away

I went to Utah the last weekend of March for a baby shower for my newest nephew Abraham.

It was a really busy weekend- starting with my plane leaving late. And this time, it wasn't my fault!! In fact, I was to the airport way early :) Shocker I know! I finally arrived just after midnight, got a nice rental car and drove all the way down to my brothers house- and then crashed! lol

The next morning my sister and Alizabeth flew in, and we got a nice hotel room not that far from my brother- here's the view from the window! Man I love the mountains!!!
Here's a pic of Abraham and I...he is so little!!!
My sister finally got to blow out her 30 candles! And yes, it's a cloudy picture because of all the smoke!!
This is a wonderful picture of my brother's inhaling helium, and then singing....and yes, my dad recorded it all :)
Over the next two days I did a lot of shopping, with my sister and my niece, and had so much fun planning the baby shower.
It was wonderful to have so much help and talented people around!

My two Tiffany's:
One of the games we played...it grosses my mom out, but man I think it's funny. Apparently Tania did too :)

The very pretty Pooh Cake, and the Cupcakes that Tiffany made :)

The last night I was there we got an amazing snow storm, I was so happy to see big fat snow flakes! They were perfect for throwing snowballs...too bad it was so late and the little ones were too tired.

4 HOLLERS!:

Danielle Smith said...

It's too bad you guys all live in different places! I am glad you had fun. Sorry I couldn't make it to the shower. Mark works a lot and we only have the one car, which means I spend a lot of time at home. You look so pretty in that picture with your nephew!

Alison said...

Spring in Colorado is snow!! I remember that well when we lived there. I don't miss the snow, just the mountains :( a lot!

Lis said...

We had so much fun on our trip!! And you were so cute about the little snow storm! You were cracking me up!!! Come visit me this weekend and you'll see some more snow!!

The baby shower was so awesome - you are a party planner for sure!! I loved your games! Tiffany did a fantastic job on those cup cakes, and that cake sure turned out cute too!

I'm not thanking you for the pic of me blowing out candles though - aaahhh - that's scary!!

But you look so beautiful in all your pictures - so post some more of those :)

Mom said...

It was such a fun weekend!! Lis is right- you are a great party planner. Everyone was so helpful. And you are very beautiful. Glad you got to see snow this winter!