For his birthday Joshua had a few friends spend the night, nice and low key.
Friday morning I went to the boy's school to help in the classroom, bring cupcakes and have lunch with Josh. Joshua pointed out his two best friends that would be coming over for the sleepover, and then menioned that the other boy sitting by his two friends was upset. I asked why? He said it was because he didn't get invited to the party.
OOPS!
So I asked if all four boys were good friends, and he said, yeah, sort of.
Then he begged me to take him out of school for the rest of the day. Why did I bring cupcakes up there then??? LOL, but it was his birthday- and he said he wanted to do his chores before his friends came over!! (whatever, he just wanted to play! LOL)
We wrote a quick note to the boy who got left out and placed it on his desk...even though I was pretty sure this kid wasn't going to make it, especially since it was the day of.
But a few hours latter I got a call from a very excited mom. Apparently this boy didn't have a very big social life, and this was to be his very first sleepover. The other two boys came over to the house before I got this call. They expressed their disappointment that he was coming- and then came the real story.
This boy follows them around, and crys when he is not included. They do their best (as only 9 year olds can) to play with him, but they get easily irritated with him and would like to be left alone. Which makes this boy cry, which turned into the teacher specifically asking them to play with him when they could, but also to say nicely when they needed space.
All boys did great last night at playing with this boy, and it helped that I had other boys for him to play with and things for him to do. They ended up staying up until after 6am (that's when I left) and you could tell that this little boy needed to take his medicine.
But overall I have to say how proud of Joshua I am... He never complained about this other boy, and was very willing to have him come over just because he knew it was the right thing to do. He told me that this other boy didn't have any friends, and he said "he gets annoying, but it's OK".
Thanks Josh, for being such a good example of what Christ would do. I love you little man!!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
I'm so proud of Josh!
News from Anne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 HOLLERS!:
Josh is amazing- isn't that a blessing? It was such a good thing for him to do.
Post a Comment